- James Pethokoukis at US News reports on interviews with chief economic advisers Austan Goolsbee and Douglas Holtz-Eakin.
- Brian Leiter is pleased to point out a study showing that while both groups are in the top 3, Philosophy majors outperform Economics majors on the LSAT. Leiter also gets in a playful dig, noting that the study “corresponds exactly to the natural intellectual hierarchy evident throughout the legal academy.” Ouch. Hmmm. We’ll see Brian’s study and raise him this one suggesting that economics, unlike some other high performing undergraduate majors, actually translates beyond LSAT performance into higher earnings.
- The Federal Trade Commission has announced its First Annual Microeconomics Conference
- Gary Becker on why the airlines are so bad
- Quantifying the Colbert Bump (HT: Tyler Cowen)
Cite this Article
Josh Wright, Some Economics Links, Truth on the Market (April 23, 2008), https://truthonthemarket.com/2008/04/23/some-economics-links/